Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd
Monthly photo competition
Conditions of Entry and Eligibility
1. Intrepid Travel (35 007 172 456) of Level 3, 380 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, 3000 (Promoter)
2. Any willing and eligible participant in the competition
1. Theme and Conditions of Entry
Participation in Intrepid Travel’s Annual Travel Photography competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
There are 12 monthly themes, as set out below;
July – Local faces
Getting up close and mixing it with the locals is the best thing about travel. Who did you meet on your last adventure? We’d love to see some local faces.
August – Australia and NZ
From the big red earth to the long white cloud, the Antipodes packs a punch when it comes to exceptional travel – whether it’s in the vast, dusty plains of the Outback or the epic volcanic landscapes of Aotearoa.
September – Food
Spicy Spanish tapas, tangy Thai satays, fresh Peruvian ceviche. Let’s not kid ourselves, a region’s gastronomy can be a massive travel motivator. Send us your best foodie snap. But Instagrammers be warned – bleached shots rarely serve culinary justice!
October – Middle East and Turkey
Buzzing bazaars, looming desert horizons, exquisite architecture and some of the most iconic landmarks on the planet… Asia, Africa and Europe’s fusion point serves up a celebration of colour, light and movement.
November – South East Asia
The nature is pristine, the cities are intoxicating and the locals smile with all their hearts. Show us the sights of Southeast Asia through your lens.
December – Transport (the crazy ways we can get from A to B)
Planes, trains and automobiles? Try camels, cyclos, jeepneys, tuk-tuks, feluccas and hot-air balloons. If it’s weird, wonderful and made for movement, we’re all for it. Just no shots of travellers on top of elephants, thanks.
January – Wildlife
It could be cute, it could be scary, it could be toothed or it could be hairy. If you’ve shot one of Mother Nature’s creatures (with your camera, of course) we’d love to see it.
February – Asia
Be it art or architecture, clothing or customs, food or festivals, Asian cultures have a way of imbuing an appreciation for the aesthetic into every element of the everyday. What was it that caught your eye?
March - Famous landmarks (can include people)
They may have been snapped a million times before, but that doesn’t make them any less impressive. The world’s most famous landmarks have been given that title for a reason – show us your pick.
April – National Parks, Jungles and Mountains
Some places are best just as they’ve always been. Raw and rugged, wild and weathered, preserved and protected – we like to see nature just how nature intended.
May – The Mediterranean
Blue sea, bluer skies, heavenly cuisine and flawless beaches – the Greek Gods chose their stomping grounds well and countless others have followed their lead. What makes you mad for the Med?
June – North, Central and South America
Few places know how to put on a spectacle quite like the Americas. Whether it’s mesmerizing Mayan ruins, the brashness of the Big Apple or revelry of Rio, this region knows how to play up in front of a camera.
The Competition is open to all photographers aged 14 and over, except employees of the Intrepid Travel (or related bodies corporate), and members of their immediate families and agencies associated with this Competition.
3. Dates of Competition
The competition commences 1 July 2014. All entries must be uploaded to the Promoter’s website at http://intrepid.photophuse.com before 11.45pm Australian EST on 30 June 2015.
(a) Entries may not be acknowledged or returned. Participants have the obligation to ensure entries are received on time. Intrepid Travel can choose to keep or remove images from the Gallery on completion of the competition should they wish to do so. Entrants can request removal of their images via the promoter.
The Competition will be judged by a panel of judges from Intrepid Travel and other appropriate representatives of the sponsors. This competition is one of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creative merit. The judges’ decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Number of Entries & Type of File
Participants may enter 5 images per category, per month only. Images minimum file size requirement applies of 1024 x 768 Hi Res JPEG files. All files must be submitted with your name, contact details and the location each image was taken in. If used in our brochure, social media or email, the image will be credited to you. Pictures that appear on the Intrepid website may not be credited. Please note that while we endeavour to publish as many photo competition entries as possible in our brochures, we cannot guarantee that all will make the pages.
Please send the highest resolution version of your image as possible.
6. Incomplete, Illegible or Incomprehensible Entries
Any entries, which at the sole discretion of the Promoter are deemed incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible will be invalid and will not be included in the judging. Participants will be advised when their images are accepted or rejected from the event via email.
7. Verification and Disqualification
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Entry Method
To enter, participants must:
a) Submit an appropriate JPEG, TIF or RAW file and upload to the Promoter’s website at http://intrepid.photophuse.com
(b) Accept the terms and conditions of this competition
9. Prize Winners and Prizes
(a) The best entries as determined by the judges in the final judging will be deemed the prize winners. The judge’s decision will be final.
(b) Prizes: Categories and Prize Conditions
Winner secures a trip for two people on a land only Intrepid trip to the value of AUD $3000
1. The prize is for two spots on any Intrepid group trip. Land only
2. This prize cannot be redeemed during the following black out periods. For trips in all countries from 15th December 2015- 31st December 2015
Europe, North America and East Africa trips 30th July 2015 – 30th September 2015
3. This prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
4. It is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
5. Not included in the prize is the airfare, arrival tax, departure tax, any additional meals, any additional accommodation and your spending money, trip kitty (Africa only) or any travel visas required.
6. Prize is only valid for Intrepid operated trips not those run by local partners such as Peregrine, Geckos, Dragoman, Trek America and Exodus.
7. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel and must be taken on or before 31 July 2016. No extension is available.
8. Please refer to the booking conditions available here at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
9. Prize redemption and trip booking must be made directly with Intrepid
Intrepid and sponsors reserve the right to change monthly prizes throughout the competition. Any change to prize pack will be updated in terms and condition and on the ‘about’ page before the commencement of a new competition on the 1st of a month.
Winners of the 'photo of the month' will receive a prize pack to the value of AUD970.00 from Kathmandu, Merrell, Lonely Planet and Crumpler. Please contact email@example.com and quote your name and the promo info provided at time of winning along with the choice of Merrell shoe and shoe size as highlighted below.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your prize-pack to arrive.
Merrell Prize Conditions
1. Monthly prize of a pair of Merrell shoes chosen by the winner from the selection at www.merrell.com/au.
2. Prize-winner can select their choice of shoes with a maximum value of AUD250. While Merrell will do their best to ensure the preferred selection is available, please note that there are no guarantees on stock and discontinued product. Please provide your shoe size in US sizing.
3. The prize is non-refundable or redeemable for cash.
Kathmandu Voucher Prize Conditions
1. The prize is for one voucher of AU$500 in value from Kathmandu.
2. If a resident of Australia and New Zealand, voucher must be redeemed in a Kathmandu retail outlet.
3. If you are not located in Australia or New Zealand, you need to organise Mail Order with Kathmandu. You must choose desired items from www.kathmandu.co.nz and email you order to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the promo details provided at time of winning and your name.
4. Intrepid will pay for any freight costs incurred and will be invoiced directly for these by Kathmandu.
5. Intrepid is not responsible for any issues you may have with the goods ordered. Once prizes are delivered, all responsibilities lie with the prize-winner.
6. The voucher is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and must be used within the time frame indicated or forfeited.
7. Prize redemption must be made directly with Kathmandu, either in-store or by email as directed above.
1. Monthly prize of 4 x books from the Lonely Planet range.
2. Prize cannot be returned or exchanged
3. If books are discontinued or out of stock, you will be offered a prize of similar theme and value
4. Monthly prize of Crumpler Camera bag “5 Million dollar home”
5. Prize cannot be returned or exchanged
6. If bags are discontinued or out of stock, you will be offered a prize of similar style and value
10. Contacting Winners
(a) The winner(s) will be contacted by email, using the contact details provided in their entry profile. Details of winner(s) may also be published openly through the Promoter’s email, newsletter and the website
(b) Winners will not unreasonably decline the opportunity for additional publicity or promotion of their work as the winning entries
By entering the Competition, each participant warrants to the Promoter that the entry (including but not limited to the photograph provided) and any other work subsequently submitted is an original artistic work of the participant, has not been wholly or partially copied from any other design or artistic work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. Talent release forms must be available on request for any photos containing persons.
12. Ownership of Entries
By submitting the photographs (i) you are agreeing to grant Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence without charge to use, reproduce, publish and display any or all of their entry or entries for use in marketing materials pertaining to the promotion it's product, services or other promotions.
Each winning entry will receive a prize pack and in return grants Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive worldwide licence to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions.
Each Eligible Entrant grants Intrepid Travel the right to request at any time during or reasonably after the Promotion for a non-exclusive worldwide licence to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions. The Promoter will compensate each Eligible Entrant AUD$50 travel voucher for each entry so used, in return for this licence.
13. Personal Information
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of New South Wales and Australia. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorise the Promoter to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.